Summer Stripes (F.O.)

(F.O. = Finished Object)

image

I finished this little top a little while ago, and am so happy with how it turned out! I loved the yarn in the cone, but wasn’t sure how it would translate in the top. The bodice is a little tiger stripe-y, but I like it.

I tried a bunch of different hem ideas (love how well cotton holds up to multiple attempts), and finally decided on a crocheted scallop trim. Thanks to those of you who gave advice-you all suggested a crocheted hem!

image

Sweet and simple!

image

Just one problem: the neckline.
I was a doofus when I cast on, and didn’t use a smaller needle size for the ribbing. This is essential when working with 100% cotton. In fact, with one sweater I made I went down three needle sizes to get a tight rib.
After my daughter wore it once, the neck was so stretched out our was practically hanging off her shoulders.

Sigh.

Now I have to figure out the best way to fix it…I’m thinking about buying some elastic thread and running it through the inner bumps. I dug around the forums on ravelry and liked that suggestion the best. I’ll let you know if it works!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s